A statement from this morning’s service at CrossWay Community Church regarding the recent tragic events concerning Goerge Floyd as well as many others.
OUR MISSION (MISSIOLOGY) – “to make maturing followers of Jesus by the power of the gospel…” (CrossWay MKE). We are called therefore to…
- Embody the transforming effects of the gospel.
- To uniquely demonstrate these things to our surrounding society in the precise moments they long and grasp for these things themselves (=witness).
- Also, inasmuch as we are able, to see the transforming effects of the gospel to pervade and impact our surrounding society.
- to obey all that Christ commanded (Mt 28), carrying these things even into the realms of our society.
- to seek the good of our city in which we are exiles, inasmuch as we have opportunity (Jer 29:7).
DOCTRINE OF HUMANITY (ANTHROPOLOGY) – Every person is made in the image of God; every life is valuable; every person and every people is worthy of dignity and just treatment (there are no “lesser” people).
DOCTRINE OF GOD’S LAW – God commands us to love him with all our heart, mind, and strength (=the greatest commandment); and the second is a necessary corollary of the first–that we love our fellow neighbors who bear his image.
DOCTRINE OF GOD (THEOLOGY) – A God of justice, who is righteously furious and wrathful with injustice; who puts himself on the side of those subjected to mistreatment and oppression. And as those who are his, we are called to reflect his character (“to be holy as he is holy”), to care about what he cares about.